Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tiff @ tiff...

Tuesday September 8th I was working my part-time job at Fab Accessories, with Deb, my boss and good friend. Later that day she got a call from Rosie, who works with Ice Rock - a celebrity jewellery line. Deb turned to me and said "What are you doing Thursday night? DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING PLANED!?" I started thinking "Omg this is going to be good." Deb continued "Do you want to come to T.O. for the film fest?" "It's the Ice Rock VIP party and celebrities are coming but Rosie wasn't allowed to tell me who they are!". I was so excited I started yelling "ARE YOU KIDDING ME OF COURSE I WANT TO GO!!!" If you don't know me I get pre-excited very easily and won't sleep at night because I'm just too excited. I'm so in!

Deb called Shannon and Amy, her two daughters who are also my two good friends, to tell them about the exciting news. They were so excited I could hear them over the phone when Deb was talking with them. Especially Shannon, because she's a pre-excitable like me. I was jumping around the store having an extremely hard time helping customers I couldn't think about anything else. What am I going to wear? It was like Deb could read my mind. "You know Tiffany you can go and buy that dress you have been eyeing up for about 3 months now at JBU." This dress was amazing and so perfect but they didn't have it in my size any more because I had to think so much about about buying it. Just wasn't meant to be, but that's OK I had a fun time walking around looking for another one. I ended up finding a pink one which was kind of a shock, the color really did grow on me. I just kept thinking about the opportunity to shoot some celebs and how amazing that would be, but there's nothing like hanging out with the girls and Carl, my bosses husband who is like a father to me. This family is definitely another family of mine. I'm really privileged to have so many people in my life that I can call family and mentors in life.

Deb drove all of us girls down and we met up with Carl at the The Hyatt Hotel. They only booked a room for two, so we followed Carl's clear instructions to sneak in. It worked perfectly! We had dinner, got our dresses on, and we were ready to go to the party. The venue had a wonderful roof top patio, really nice seating, and an amazing view of the C.N. Tower. We mingled and met new friends, sat, laughed, and drank.

Alexander Ovechkin showed up and I got to sit with him and the girls. He's a very shy, serious kind of a guy, but he showed a smile when I gave him a little body check. Was I crazy for doing this, I thought to my self this guy shoves tuff men against boards all the time, but much harder! Did I have a death wish or something. I'm so glad that he thought I was funny and just smiled. DJ Michael Canitrot showed up to and he's so down to earth and talks to everyone he sees. Both guys truly love what they do and are extremely passionate. We missed Megan Fox. Although she did make a 5 min appearance for pics down stairs, but I totally missed that shot. That's just fine because I was having a blast with my friends and enjoying the now!

No comments:

Post a Comment